View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 07:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintertech View Post
The new 5.7 and 6.4 share no parts with the older 5.7/6.1 or the stroker motors like the crate 392 or 426 you mention........
I'm not trying to sarcastic but I don't understand your point. First off I never said the 5.7 shared anything with any year engine not that they do or don't. And I know the differences between the Apache 6.1 and the Eagle 6.1 builds. The cams in the 392 crate and 426 have the same or very close cam specs with the SRT8 392. I know the 426 crate is a non vvt engine but it has the same cam specs. Neither one will work with any factory 5.7 because there is no extreme duty 5.7 build with valve releifs or forged components in any vehicle manufactured from Chrysler. That's the whole point of this topic right...cam specs and clearances. Both crate specs are 584in/554ex lift and 279in/285ex dur. I know darn well the SRT8 392 cam specs are very close to these. I was just trying to share my opinion in this topic without offending anyone. I don't understand why SH couldn't tell you from jump about this especially knowing what they were going to be tuning so I stayed out of it till the last min. If you think the cam will work go for it, I was just trying to help.