View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 08:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
I was a gearhead back in the late-60's and early 70's, when Hemi's were something really, really special...and quite rare. While there's many more on the road today, they're still something "special" in my old mind, and if I had one I know I'd fuss over it like a mother hen. Rational? Probably not, but I know I would. Also, I've read that the Hemi must use 5-20 oil; otherwise, the MDS won't work correctly. Now if the MDS is that finicky about oil, I don't think I'd be comfortable going 8K between changes...even with synthetic. Based on what I've read, I don't think many Hemi guys are going more than 5K.
I see. I also am happy my engine doesn't have MDS, but at the same time I'd much rather have a pushrod motor than a OHC motor, but really they are all things that make little to no difference. Both the 4.7L and 5.7L are great engines, one just has more displacement/power output.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.