View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 10:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Thanks for the help

I did mean a plug direct in the valve cover
because a few years back i believe if i remember right that i saw a plug that look like a very mini air filter for the valve cover for mustang and others cars so i was wondering if that would do the job
Well everybody has an opinion....many people do use those mini filters, and say they don't have any issues. I personally don't use them(have tried them in the past). When I used them I ended up with a rear main crank seal oil leak each time only a few hundred miles later... Whatever you do, don't literally "plug" it up, at least have a filter for it to breath out of. I would suggest doing the catch can, but the mini filters work for other people, they basically do the same job, I just don't think they breathe enough, I feel they are too restrictive and hold too much pressure in... Also, the stock pcv setup will breather better than the mini filters, but won't keep the engine clean.

Stock pcv setup_________breathes well, dirty intake
Mini filters______________clean intake, breathes ok(debatable)
Catch can______________breathes well and keeps intake clean *winner*

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.