Vehicle: 2010 RAM
Trim Level: BIG HORN
Color: AUSTIN TAN
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:16
sprintertech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFlyer View Post
I'm not trying to sarcastic but I don't understand your point. First off I never said the 5.7 shared anything with any year engine not that they do or don't. And I know the differences between the Apache 6.1 and the Eagle 6.1 builds. The cams in the 392 crate and 426 have the same or very close cam specs with the SRT8 392. I know the 426 crate is a non vvt engine but it has the same cam specs. Neither one will work with any factory 5.7 because there is no extreme duty 5.7 build with valve releifs or forged components in any vehicle manufactured from Chrysler. That's the whole point of this topic right...cam specs and clearances. Both crate specs are 584in/554ex lift and 279in/285ex dur. I know darn well the SRT8 392 cam specs are very close to these. I was just trying to share my opinion in this topic without offending anyone. I don't understand why SH couldn't tell you from jump about this especially knowing what they were going to be tuning so I stayed out of it till the last min. If you think the cam will work go for it, I was just trying to help.
calm down buddy....no one is upset here.....but to set things straight....the new 5.7 and 6.4 (no more 6.1) are the same block and the 6.4 cam has .577 and .537 lift at the valve and 286/288 deg total duration....i appreciate your input and also believe there will be clearance issues since their is an obvious reason the 6.4 has reliefs cut into the pistons....also i was just pointing out that the crate engine is a stroker which begins life as a 6.1 (old) hemi and not the new design therefore not a comparable.....as for SHR let me clear that up also....they are not doing the build and will only be handling the tuning so please do not let any of my errors or choices reflect on them...they have offered no advice on this matter one way or the other.....i am friends with the owner and the guys in the shop and will say that they do excellent work so when this thing goes boom i will be the only one to blame.....lol....i on the other hand work for dodge.....but feel free to input next time if you see any reason the direction im going is a disaster....thx
CMR TUNED(tweeked),K&N DROP IN, MODDED AIR BOX, NITROUS EXPRESS 150 SHOT, ARH 1 7/8 LONG TUBES NO CATS, BORLA XR-1, PRO TORQUE 2800 STALL, 4.56 GEARS, MOPAR LSD, ADJUSTABLE REAR LOWER CONTROL ARMS RELOCATED UNDER AXLE, GREDDY CATCH CAN, STICK PEOPLE IN REAR WINDOW......12.97@108...SOLD