Old 10-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Grn70 is on a distinguished road

There is this stuff called plastiadip that I used on my 350z and my jeep compass that I had. What you do is mask off the area (say the ram 1500 on the door) make sure you are about 2 inches away from the letters. You spray one coat directly on the the letters, if you get it on the paint that is fine. WIt 30 to 40 mins between each coat. I would only do 4 coats, personally. But when you are spraying the emblems make sure you do it evenly. Don't get too close otherwise you run into getting bubbles in the paint and it running. Once you are done with your final coat let it dry for about and hour to an hour and a half. The plastadip will peel off of the paint. To get it out of the letters use a toothpick or something that will not damage your paint. Once you get all the excess off the paint let it dry over night. The next day you should be able to wash your truck. The only thing is with the plastadip is the it will make you letters have a matte finish. I liked the way it looked on my jeep, but I haven't really had the time to do it to my truck yet. You can also look on YouTube on how to do it. That's where I learned. Happy painting!!! (:
~Jenn