View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 01:36 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintertech View Post
lol

new 5.7 and 6.4 share the same block but different heads...agreed? lol jfwy
Lol, we're half way there. Yes I agree with you 100%, but you're leaving out the most important part...stock 5.7 internals vs 6.4 forged internals with flycut pistons and reason for this conversation...plz don't hit me, lol! The only thing stopping you is the vavle releifs, not saying the bottom end will stay together but not saying it'll come appart either. I'd be willing to try it myself if I could get past the vavle releifs. With that combo and good vavletrain you'd have a bada$$ motor...prolly give a 392 a run for the money. Your shorter stroke would pull the 392 out the hole and the dur would give you the extra midrange ump. Whether it catches you or not depends on who has the better gear/converter combo for each. Anyway, I think we're on the same page now and I'm sure you'll work it out. You need to find a shop in your area that does gen 111 hemi builds. Maybe they can come up with an alterative to keep that cam. Have you tried Shreve Automotive in Kenner, they're not far from SH? I don't know if they're still in business but they use to be one of the best builders out there. I had some machine work done for a few builds there but no telling what's up with them these days. By all means don't give up, keep us posted and good luck.