View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

If you use the DIY stuff, remember the PREP work is the main part of the process

I have watched Line-X do several spray in liners
it takes a while to tape & drape (protect the truck)
then 2 guys power sand the bed to scuff the paint, remove the tailgate & prep it
wipe everything down & tape off all the holes & plug the drain holes
then they start the spraying process
that takes a relatively short time, & by the time the tailgate is being sprayed, the 2nd person is taking off the tape & drape,
By then 5 minutes have gone by & they could remove the plugs, but they usually find something to do for a bit longer.
Then they pull the plugs & remove any taped hole that should stay exposed, then they put the tailgate access panel back on & then put the tailgate back on the vehicle
Last step is to check the work
Sometimes the customer brings a discount coupon, either from the local coupon book or from a special referral coupon
You also get a lifetime warranty, if someone slides a loaded wooden pallet into the bed & messes up the spray in liner, they re-shoot it

I would rather pay them $400, than buy everything needed to do the job myself
Tape, masking paper, sanding discs, cleaning solution, lint free cloths, etc.
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle