View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

The Ram will sell itself as far as looks & comfort
Get the HEMI engine and 3.92 ratio gears with LSD (not the drug), or if you off road a lot, you can think about the 4.11 ratio

If your camper fully loaded weighs Over 6,000 pounds, you have 4 or more people riding in the truck, ice, food, refreshments & live in hilly country, you should think hard about getting the 2500 series with leaf springs
the 1500 is a car with an oversized open trunk with coil springs

If you spend much time driving, get a radio with hands free phone calling, satellite radio, navigation if you travel a lot, back up camera on screen
they will try to sell you a RES radio that is CAPABLE of these things, but all the things that make it work are missing. Make a properly working radio (media center) a condition of the sale. If you have a Smart Phone, that takes a proper cable in the upper glove compartment
( i personally would get the 430N or the 730N radio with all the modules included ), i spend a lot of time in my Ram
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 10-14-2011 at 03:20 PM.