View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Rep:45
pupdawg is on a distinguished road

Hey Luke, you are a wealth of knowledge! I appreciate your taking the time to cover this with me. Yeah, a lot of questions but I think I have a good handle on this one now. I have always used high quality soaps and double bucket washing with my trucks and Harley due to the amount of grit and sand I get on the vehicles. I also use m/f pads and towels for my detailing. This is the most in depth I have ever gotten in the actual detailing of the vehicle though. Back in the day before clearcoat, we would get a good quality compound then apply a good paste wax but times have changed as have the finishes and products needed... I am an avid hand washer and only on occasion stop at a car wash to clean the vehicle, and that is only to get severe mud and dirt off the vehicle. I then bring it home for a good washing. Like I said, I want to get a really good coat of protection on the truck before winter sets in because after that we will be into spring before I will have an opportunity to properly clean and wax again. The black color has me a little apprehensive, but I think this thread has given me a little more confidence to take it on. GEEEEEZ, why did I have to pick black....oh, I know, cuz it looks so sexy!