Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Sport
Color: red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
old amateur is on a distinguished road
Default 1500 weakness fix

Hope I'm posting in the correct spot.

Been reading thread after thread after thread etc..... and thought I'd start one to answer a few questions of my own.

If you were going to lift your truck, how would you do it? What issues need to be overcome? (Readers Digest version will do just fine .)
For example: I would like to lift my truck to accomodate either 35's or preferably 37's. I have a 5 position drive option (2H, 4Auto, 4H, 4L Neutral). I search for 6" lifts yet most (if not all) have a disclaimer the lift is not for AWD trucks. Is 4Auto the same as AWD? If so, why won't the lift work?
Stock tires are 32" tall. Will moving up to either a 35" or 37" cause premature wear on bearings, CV shafts etc? Why and how do I compensate?
Will an aftermarket lift cure the 'death wobble' I keep reading about?
Is a gear swap necessary and (without sounding like a moron), what gears are we speaking of (differential, transmission, both)? How do I know what gears are in the truck (I don't have the build sheet)?

By the way, I am mechanically inclined, just not experienced in this particular field and I am one of those people who just has to know

Cheers,
Sponsored links