Old 10-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2-2WD
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
jmvangelder is on a distinguished road

1miracle2, you are absolutly right, worked at Discount or nealry 4 years before I joined the armed forces, any sort of sidewall damage (bubbled, cracking/splitting, nail, defective, what have you) and the tire is 100% unable to be repaired, or even filled with air for that matter. And any decent certified tire shop who actualy recognizes OSHA's safety standards, and cares for their customers saftey, will either reject work for that tire or suggest immediate replacement. And that's where the beauty of Discount's certificate for replacement or repair comes into play

But trying not to trail too far from this forums topic,
Here's what I spent my afternoon doing...

Before... 20" MB Motoring Senna (from discount tire)

After... 17" cragar soft 8s from summit racing

(top- 265/50/20 front, 285/50/20 back,
bottom 275/60/17 all four) the truck has a cheap 3/4 drop kit from ebay which is why it looks pitched forward slightly, hoping to lower the rear a couple more inches since it didnt give me the true 4 as advertized :/ just gotta wait on the $

Personally I like the way the 17s look much better than the 20s. not only are they ALOT cheaper they are a little more comfortable of a ride. not to mention the money saved on gas milage from shaving weight.

besides the more black the better

Last edited by jmvangelder; 10-20-2011 at 10:32 PM. Reason: wrong pic link