View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:310
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

Haha yes cats are pricey, but more importantly they are illegal to "change/remove" so the catback that I can buy in say MI where I have no emissions and remove the cats is a GAINT no no in CA where they are emissions NAZIs!

Most of the "catbacks" I have seen for our trucks are really axle backs and only replace from the muffler back and leave the stock Ipipe in.

On my truck I am going to eventually be running American racing headers, catless y pipe, then im going to to out and get a custom 3" Ipipe from stainless so I have a 100% stainless exhaust, to the Corsa dB system.

American racing offers their headers with a catted y pipe for the people that are a little more worried about getting in trouble for not being able to pass emissions, but Ill worry about that when the time comes. The whole system is pricey, but worth it IMO

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING