Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:71
wbowyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancianne View Post
My Ram didn't come standard with a remote door operating fob, but I'd love to have one. If I buy one, either OEM or aftermarket, is there something else I'd need installed inside the door(s) for that to work? My locks are electrically operated by pushbutton, but I suspect that there must be some other component that receives the signal and then that tells the locks how to operate?
My dealer refused to install a Mopar part, so I went to BestBuy and had them install a Viper remote start. Compared to the factory remote starter on my work trucks the viper blow them away.

2000 foot range
remote confirms lock/unlock/start via led lights and beeps
if started it alerts you when the vehicle has been started for more than 10 minutes, and you can reset the timer to allow it to keep running.
can hit the remote start button and take the key out and leave the motor running while making a quick stop.
even have the ability to check the temperature in the vehicle through the remote.

I'm a big fan of viper, and have their security tint installed as well (prevents glass from shattering if someone tries to break in).