View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: none
Rep:10
fxdrider is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckMechanic View Post
I believe the mirrors WILL mount up. The only thing different is the actual BODY of the mirror. Not the mounting surfaces. I know a gentleman here that had the same thing happen (lost the driver's mirror), he didn't like the towing mirrors so he put the regular mirrors on.
Yeah, I believe they will fit okay. I was just wondering if the passenger side mirror of the "regular" style mirrors is a wider-angle view ("objects are closer than they appear" like every other motor-vehicle in the world, or is it just a piece of glass like the tow-package mirror is. From all the internet searches I've done, it seems that at some point in time, Dodge stopped putting the wide-angle mirrors on their trucks. My '96 Ram had the wide-angle passenger mirror - it's really a necessity when passing/changing lanes. You just can't see all you should be seeing with these non-wide angle mirrors. I believe every car or truck I've owned or driven since the late 1970's has the wide-angle passenger mirrors, the ones that say "objects are closer than they appear". But for some reason, not late-models Dodge vehicles. I even found a recall on passenger mirrors for Dodge: http://repairpal.com/dodge-ram_1500-recall-94v025002. I'm not sure if this recall has anything to do with what I'm talking about or not, but the whole premise sounds kind of strange.

Last edited by fxdrider; 10-23-2011 at 10:50 AM.