Old 10-26-2011, 12:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 95 & 98 1500 Ram 4x4s
Trim Level: SLT & Sport
Color: 1 Blk,1 Red
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:36
Screamintrashcan is on a distinguished road

I'd hazard a guess that your water pump is headed for the hills, so to speak. With the engine OFF, stick your fingers below the water pump pulley, run it across the block down there and see if your fingers come up with any wetness on em. Theres a weep hole on the pulley end of the waterpump bearing and seal, generally speaking, the bearing gets a little worn, letting the shaft run a little off the seals center, and you get a little drippage, impossible to WAG remaining life in the pump. Mine started sounding like it was a rock grinder and never did leak, some people get the weephole leak and the pump never makes any racket. change the thermostat at the same time you change the pump, simpler that way.

As far as your radiator goes, hot water comes in at the top left, runs across, cools down, and is sucked back into the engine at the right , on the bottom. (But cold on the top right??) I'm certain you have looked in there with the cap off?? and it's full?? I can only think it is not full... how hot does your gauge run, at normal op temp?