Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deepwater Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:89
gingrbredman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy08 View Post
The gear thing cracks me up, if you can find the same equipped truck with both gears yea I would get the 3.92. If the truck you want doesnt have em its no big deal. When i was buying I drove both and meh didnt notice a difference and got the crew and 3.55 with lsd instead of a quad with 3.92. Also 2 of my buddies have bought '11 Sports this summer so i got to do test driving again and again no difference. One of them just happen to get 3.92 but didnt get the lsd...doh! Other buddy was in the position I was, crew with 3.55 or quad with 3.92 and he got the crewcab wth 3.55. We've ran em for fun from 20 and 30 up and he'll jump me a truck and put another truck on me by 80...but he's stock and I'm stock plus 37s :-)
The gears never were a big deal to me because regaurdless what was stock, 4.56 and a locker would be going in anyhow!

For the Nav I have the 430N. I finally got to play with the 730n in a truck my buddy test drove over night. I thought it was fancier and more confusing lol. Being that the 430 in is about a grand cheaper and easier to operate, I'd get the 430n.
I'm with you.... In my area, the 3:92 was tough to find, and the truck I wanted had the 3:55, so that's what I got. Now if I had found two equal trucks except the gearing, I would have chosen the 3:92, but have not been disappointed with the 3:55. I tow quite a bit in the summer (6k lb travel trailer) and have never found myself wishing I got the 3:92.

Some are more passionate about the gearing than others around here you will find. Is it a "must"? For some people it is, but you have to decide what you need and if you think it is a "must".
Gusz 2011 RAM SPORT CC -Lockpick CHR550 -Hardwired Radar Detector - Custom Trailer Cam - -Fold a-Cover G4 - Bed Rug - Billet Shifter - Debadged - 18" Magnaflow - Custom Clear HID Projectors - LED Tailgate Bar - Custom Billet Badges -