View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 09:00 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3236
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I have 22s with a 45 series tire on my 2/4 drop and honestly most people still think they're 20s because they just don't stand out with the size of the trucks. You can run 24s and still run a 40 series tire with a 3/5 and maybe with a 4/6, just depends on the width of the front wheels; You'd possibly be tucking a little bit with a 40 series on 24s, but roll the fenders and you should be fine.

It makes a big difference in the ride quality when you move from a 40 to a 35 series tire, so be prepared for a slightly harsher ride with the 24s, and you should really upgrade the shocks and brake pads when moving to any oversized wheel to compensate for the added rolling mass and to decrease some of the roughness in the ride.