View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2001
Trim Level: Sport
Color: white
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:33
RamSport2001 is on a distinguished road
Default Found a Bull bar that worked with my 2001 Sport 1500

Hey guys, just thought I share this. I was in a market for a bull bar but sadly most of the stuff I saw on ebay and online Excludes 99-01 sport models. I finally decided to get this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/160669519512, it was affordable and free shipping so I figured I give it a shot.
Anyway, the package came today, It says "MAT" on the box, not sure if that's the manufacturer. The bull bar was in good shape and well packed. Now I was crossing my fingers the whole time because I figured I would need to trim the bottom of the bumper a bit to make this fit, but surprisingly I did'nt have to do any trimming/cutting. I lined up the brackets to the frame holes, and mounted it as high as I could. I decided to re-use some of the existing bolts (see pics). The kit came with mounting bolts and hardware, I did not need/ use the longer bolts as per the instruction. (The instructions are useless, but the diagram was a good guide). Hope someone will find this useful, esp owners of 99-01 Ram 1500 Sport models. Here are the pics:
(It was dark, by the time I finished the install)

-

-

-

-

-

-

-
Sponsored links