View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 10:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I don't believe what you're hearing is spark knock. I think the truck has a knock sensor and will retard timing if it is knocking no matter what tune and octane you are using(at least that's the way it's supposed to work). I fear it is rod knock or piston slap. Do you think the noise would show up on video? Maybe you can post it and we can try to identify it. Also, I would not put any more additives in the engine, only oil. Additives can hurt things instead of make them better. How many miles on the truck? And how many miles when you bought it?

I find it very odd you randomly got those codes, they should have nothing to do with the knocking you're hearing. I'd try setting it back to stock, and driving it for a long time and see if any codes come back and if the knock goes away. Like maybe days-weeks. A few tanks of fuel...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.