Old 10-30-2011, 12:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:80
Muddy will become famous soon enough

I bought it brand new with only 3 miles on it. It now has about 56,000. About 3 times that I've gotten codes, I've put it back to factory for a month or more. The knocking remains but it has only thrown the P127E code once without it programed. Only reason I can think of for the techs to say that everything is normal is becuase the exhaust is a little loud indoors (they all have tried to listen for it inside the garage bay) at idle. But if they would keep it over night, they definantly would hear it first thing in the morning. Forgot to mention the knocking speeds up as the idle speeds up and slows down as I let off the gas and idle slows down. Which leads me to believe that it is a rod but I would think that it would so a trouble code for that by now. No oil is burning, oil never smells burnt when changed. And the knocking is way louder in the morning then after driven all day. I just had surgery on my back Monday so sometime next week when I'm able to drive again I will start trying the techs at the local dealers here again. Thanks for the help though guys, I appreciate it.

Last edited by Muddy; 10-30-2011 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Spelling