Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:80
Muddy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Also the new generation 4.7L has a stronger bottom end, so it's even more unlikely to have damage if the oil has been good it's whole life. I wonder if it was somehow starved of oil or romped on in it's first few miles before you had it. Or hopefully it's just something else lol.
Yeah,I change my oil every 3000 miles. Im OCD about it. And I do keep forgeting about one thing. At about 1000 miles is when I installed my Cherry Bomb. My welder crapped out half way through so I took it to a place down the road and had them finish it. As soon as the kid finished, he jumped in the truck and like 2 secs after starting it, romped on it. I yelled at him but I can't see that doing anything. All I know is, something is wrong and I don't know what it is lol. All of my previous Dodges have all been good to me and the tick I know is normal. The knock can't be, even after 56,000 miles.

I see you have a SuperChips for your truck. Do you have any experience with Hypertech? I have always gotten Superchips for my Mopars, I don't know why I didn't this time. Was just wondering if you thought one was better then the other and which one for this new 4.7L?