View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 06:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Cutt is on a distinguished road

Scooper, I didn't see if you had a sunroof but if you do, it's most likely coming from the sunroof drain tubes. There are 4 drains, 2 in the front and 2 in the back. The front are located between the hinges, you will see a little plastic nipple and it can get clogged with debris and cause the water to back up. If you push a screwdriver into them you can get them unclogged and the water will pour out. There are also 2 more of these nipples at the back of the cab between the cab and bed. You have to reach up from below to get your hand in there and you can clear them out as well. If you are still leaking water, then the drain tubes are probably rotted away. You will have to remove the interior door moulding, seat belt mounts, visors, overhead console, pull down the headliner a bit and you will see the lines running from the sunroof. Mine had turned to dust and I had to go to Home Depot to find some replacement tubing. If there is enough of the old tube left to use as a snake, this is the easiest way to feed the new tube in place. I used some 12g a stranded electrical wire and fed it through the inside of the old tube, removed it and slid the new tube over that to put it in place. If you have any questions, let me know and I can try to get some pics up.