Old 11-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:80
Muddy will become famous soon enough

Yeah I'm not too worried with the dealers here in the southwest. It's the ones in the northeast that give people the most crap. A lot of dealers here in the southwest sale dealer customs that are programmed already with a bunch of other goodies on them. I know the laws; I've had a ton of toys already lol. That and my dad was a hot rodder in his day and still builds chassis for some of the local dragsters around north GA, when he feels like it lol. He's old now. But yeah, I know the laws that protect us with aftermarket products and factory warranties. I've already used them in court against a Mazda dealer in Moon Township, PA because they tried to say my CAI on my Mazda 3 caused them to put 3 qts too much of oil in a 2.3L motor and they tried to void my warranty. I got Mazda North America involved and that fixed everything real quick. The only way an engine warranty is voided is if you actually crack open the block yourself and start replacing parts. Other than that it's fair game. If you replace you air intake, there is no longer a warranty on the intake. However you now have the warranty from the manufacturer of the intake you put on. So you can’t go to the dealer and say," Hey, this intake is broke. Fix it." You have to contact AEM or K&N or whoever and ask for the warranty work to be done. But it you brake a piston rod on a new vehicle say at 1200 miles and you never raced the motor and did the brake in exactly as the manual says, however you did put a CAI on it, they cannot void the manufacturer warranty because there is no way a CAI would cause a rod to brake. So in this case, the dealer would have to repair the broken rod and all other damage that a broken rod would cause under the warranty. It becomes a headache sometimes but it's worth it if you want a car the shows who you are.