Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Grey
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:15
Dubyeh is on a distinguished road
Default 2011 Leveling shocks or not?

Hello,

I got my winter tires put on my 17'' steel rims for the winter, and a couple days ago my buddy wrote his truck off but saved the rubber that he just purchased. He gave them to me for $200 bucks for the set. The rubber are 33x12.5x20. I got the tire shop to throw them on my stock rims just to see if they will fit or not.

I tried last night for a bit to see if I could get the tires on the truck but the mounting point I was using got in the way of the tire. I'm sure they must be to wide for the truck? I searched for a bit for some people with a 33x12.5x20 on their trucks and some say they fit without a leveling kit and some say they wont fit.

If I jacked up the truck in a different spot so the jack was not in the way when I try to slid the tire on will it fit or not?

If it doesn't, would a front leveling kit (adjustable shocks) make a difference? Or will I need to look into a different rim with a offset to work around these issues. I would rather not go and buy a new set of rims right now. I would rather see if the adjustable shocks will help.

Thanks guys.
Sponsored links