Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
TNC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlow View Post
Stangshcky12, you r missing the point, and i'm getting tired of explaining. The poser life may be for u, but i don't like pretending that they r something that they r not. I'm not asking for chromed rims, i'm just saying that for the price u r paying they should be the real deal no matter what they r supposed to be. This is a 40-50k dollar truck, with plastic hubcabs glued on. My problem is not with aluminum, its with plastic being somewhere it shouldn't be at this price, and thats on my wheels.
JB, how did your window sticker show or describe these wheels?...or was it even mentioned? My '12 Express stated, "aluminum chrome-clad wheels" on the options portion of the sticker for that $400 uptick in price they wanted to tack on my original quoted price. The term "chrome-clad" certainly got my attention, as it was nothing I'd ever heard of before. But the fact that it was spelled out on the list caused me to ask for the details. When the dealer said it was a plastic, it did take me back a bit. But since I wasn't charged for it, what the heck.

In a perfect world to address your complaint, it would probably be better if the wheels were clearly described on the options list as having a "plastic overlay" or something similar. This would prevent confusion and disappointment, as no one should complete a vehicle purchase without studying the window sticker. I might agree a bit that these wheels probably aren't the best selection for a 40-50K pickup that Dodge could have made. Not so big a deal on my 20K pickup.