View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 07:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
did u tint or spray the lights? I have been thinking of doing a light coat as almost to make it appear gray or very light tint.
Spray tint, we used niteshades or whatever it's called. I used one can total. Then like 1 to 1.5 cans clear coat. I actually didn't pay great attention to how many coats we were doing, but I think it was about 4 or 5 light coats of tint, let dry for an hour, wet sand, then about 5 or 6 medium coats of clear, then dry for about an hour, hit it with a heat gun to get the clear coat a bit harder, then wet sand. Turned out great, a hair darker than I was going for but they look awesome I think. Total cost (bought two cans) was about $30 (shipping is in that cost....had the tint shipped to my door), I already had 2 cans of clear coat and all other supplies. Took all day but we got the couple other mods done in between coats.

Quote:
LED bulbs are so easy it's laughable. If you are looking to replace them with new tails altogether, that's probably even easier. The LED bulbs seriously plug in just like a normal everyday bulb, into the existing OEM socket. Only thing that could go wrong is that it doesn't turn on, in which case you unplug it, rotate it 180 degrees, and plug in again.
I definitely am keeping the stock lenses. I thought with LED's you had to change wiring or something like that? If it's just a bulb swap I'm definitely getting them, I'd like to have as much light output through the tint as possible without hacking up the stock harness. Does autozone and similar sell the LED bulbs? Thanks.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.