Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram MEGA cab
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Dark Grey Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:137
millon9 will become famous soon enoughmillon9 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
I'll check out your thread. I like the plain look personally, not the flashy stuff, but just need a little more light output. It's *ok* at night, but at day it sucks. If it got 25% brighter that would be good, any more would be great. So the resistors are only for the bulbs that blink right, the turn signals? I wouldn't need the resistors for the third brake light, cargo lights, and reverse lights if I decided to do them all. Maybe license plate lights too... I'm extremely pleased with how the lenses came out, and happy I taped off the reverse lights. I think taping them off makes it look a little bit more legal too....but maybe I'm just trying to talk my wife into being happy with them. haha

I am with ya on the taped off reverse lights! You are correct that the resistor is ONLY for the bulb that will blink, and that will solve the 'quick flash' that your truck will do. All the other 'on or off' bulbs are simple replacements. I think you will notice a difference in the output for sure. When your looking for the bulbs, obviously a higher number of LEDs will be brighter, and the SMD types are the ones to get. (My reverse lights are 64 LEDs in each bulb.)

www.woundedwarriorproject.org
Donate and help the people who gave limbs to help you!

Jason