View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 11:51 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay9 View Post
Yeah no port adapters needed since you have eagle heads. Also no relocation brackets needed for the AC and Alt either.

You will need to extend your fuel line. I used this
http://www.zex.com/zx/fuel-line-adap...srt8-hemi.html

Also remove the fan shroud to make way for the CAI.

If the manifold does not have a egr then you will need to block off yours (if you have one).

Maybe look into 6.1 coil covers to hide the wiring and make it look pretty.
I would say all the same here, and if you can get the manifold at a great price then this would be a great thing to hold onto until you have a few more go-fast mods done. I am in the process of the same swap with eagle heads on my 3rd gen. I recommend blocking off the EGR anyways, a kit from BT cost very little, and I would also look at a set of either the OEM coilcovers, or better yet a set of covers from 3GCustoms.

If you're looking for a good intake for the manifold I would highly recommend looking at the LegMaker intakes, they are top notch and high quality, plus, being carbon fiber, they do not need to be supported the way traditional intakes are, as they weigh almost nothing and from many LX owners they are the most popular. I personally bought a hammer style intake from LMI, but if you're on a slightly smaller budget, then you can do the FrankIntake IV and still get the performance.

One thing to be aware of, is the 6.1L manifold will reduce your bottom end compared to the 5.7L, but will definately free up the top end. A higher stall converter and/or cam will help you get the bottom end back up, but you need to match the build properly.