Vehicle: 2012 1500 Longhorn
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:13
tobyjohnson11 is on a distinguished road
Default New Member - New Longhorn Ordered

Hello All,

New member here and a first time Hemi Owner. I had a 2004 2500 Cummins and I loved it. I have drove GM vehicles most of my life, but decided to pull the trigger on a new ram.

I ordered a 2012 1500 4x2 Laramie Longhorn and have a few questions. I am looking to get the best mileage possible out of this truck. 95% of my trips are 100 miles on the interstate. I am thinking about adding a few things to the truck and would like some opinions and recommendations.

I ordered the 3.21 axle ratio in an attempt to maximize fuel mileage. I donít ever plan on pulling anything or racing anyone so losing the low end torque doesnít bother me.

Could adding a cold air intake, exhaust, and programmer help get better mileage?
I also am considering hid and led lights and a lockpick for the navigation system. Any experience with these items?

I saw on the Mopar website that there was an option to get a kicker subwoofer for the 2011 trucks. Has anyone ever upgraded the subwoofer and is the kicker subwoofer available for the 2012ís?

I am also considering an extended warranty. I donít know much about these hemi engines or transmissions. Would an extended warranty be a good idea?

I am sure I will have many more questions and I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Thanks

Toby

Last edited by tobyjohnson11; 11-07-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Sponsored links