Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Grey Metalic
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:41
Lothario80 is on a distinguished road
Default Not the Torque Converter!! It was the Flex Plate

Hi Everyone,

So after much stalling (on my part, not the truck) I brought in my 2011 Ram CC to the dealer for some warranty work and the 15k service.

One of my chief issues was the decrease in fuel economy while in the city over the last 5-6 months.

I was fairly confident I didn't have the torque converter issue as I was rarely or not reliably able to replicate the sounds as described on numerous threads, but did feel occational slippage or having to push the truck a little harder in the city to get it up to speed. I thought maybe fuel filter, something clogged, maybe some hesitation from a bad spark plug or wire...

I got a call from the dealer today and they will be keeping the truck over night as they said it wasn't safe or recommended to drive as there was some significant damage to the flex plate (for all you Manual Transmission folk the Flywheel).

I've never heard of such a thing happening on such a new vehicle - I'm only running a CAI and Magnaflow 18" nothing more nothing less so it couldn't have been the additional torque.

What could cause damage to the flex plate? Could this actually be the torque converter issue taking the next step in causing additional damage because I didn't fix it soon enough? I am by no means a mechanic, only talking out of speculation.

Anyways we'll see how she feels tomorrow but for now I'm stuck with a 2011 Chebby Impala LS Sedan. It doesn't even have satellite radio!!

Loth