Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Cool Vanilla
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:63
MoparMadness08 will become famous soon enough
Default Engine Pinging. 5.7

I noticed this weekend that my truck was making a hell of a engine noise. it sounds like a lifter or to much lash in a rocker arm. you really notice it if its around 2000 rpm and rolling into the throttle. If im just cruising and lightly press on the gas you'd think it was a rocker arm hammering the top of the valve. i do have a DSP with the 91 tune running 93 oct fuel. I also have a BFI intake. I also notice that it makes a popping or backfiring sound through the intake. The BFI is loud and maybe thats what im hearing. but it sure dont have any loss of power. if you lay into it you dont here any pinging noise. i may have just gottn a bad tank of fuel. I should mention that i was in the mountains this weekend in Boone, NC. elevation is only about 3300ft. not sure if that is causing any problems. Let me know what you guys think about this. any info would be great.