well, called the dealer yesterday and talked to my salesman & friend. i was 97% ready to pull that trigger when he threw a curve ball and mentioned this to me: this is just another take on it. he said: do you really want to take a new truck thru the ravages of winter? granted its going to see it eventualy. the $2500 rebate is not going away. the ram you want is not going away. now, sometime in spring they offer another rebate (possibily). you and i dont have a crystal ball. not late! no later than feb. you could make 3 more payments on the canyon. yes your canyon will take a hit in jan, but dont forget, you made 3 payments. and thoes payments will most likley be greater than the drop in value on your canyon in jan. hense....you will have a lower payment. your call. i will sell it to you this week if you want. if you were driving a two wheel car, i would sell it to you now. but you have a great winter ride. he is off today, but we are going to touch base again wednesday. whats your input....
1. go with it now
2. wait the 3 months
i am really in the middle. but i am thinking waiting may be better? and it gives me time to make sure its what i really want.