Old 11-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500 slt crewcab
Trim Level: slt 4x4 crew
Color: deep cherry red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
JoeBlow is on a distinguished road

A lot of different posts, on other MPG threads, claim some ridiculous numbers. Basically, I wouldn't put much stock in what a lot of people claim if the numbers sound too good to be true. Per tank full, I usually average between 16.5 - 17.5. Best and worst numbers were 18.3/15.2. All hand caculated. Many post what the EVIC displays, but I have noticed that the evic can be significantly off at times and can't always be counted on to be accurate.

Also, I suspect many people post numbers for a specific trip they took, which is not an accurate gauge of MPG. In my case, I could tell you my EVIC showed 22mpg for a one way, 40 mile, trip to work. But the whole truth is, my trip to work is mostly down hill, and on the way home, that day, I probably got about 15mpg driving back up hill.

I have the 4x4 crew, with 3.92's. IMO, in my time with the ram, warmer weather does seem to help MPG slightly. Overall though, I have been happy with my MPG and even a little surprised. It is a big truck, and for a big truck it does pretty well.