Old 11-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram1500, 2004 600RR
Trim Level: SLT Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
cj1 is on a distinguished road

i have a 2010 and i ditched my cats pretty quick but i spent forever trying shit to get my CEL off, heres the scoop: the home made cel eliminators that u can make for under 10$ by using capacitors and resistors and such-they dont work, i built 2 off of what some guy did on a toyota forum-my ram monitors shit way way to close and they just didnt cut it. so- the spark plug fouler things, i used those on my 07 tiburon(before i traded it for my ram) they didnt work, the angle cel eliminators do work (buy them on ebay). IF you go the route i went and dont weld in o2 bungs(temproarily) and just let your sensors hang...bad move, lol, i was goona weld some in but never got to it, i fried my o2 heater's. so anyway- I have a tuner, its the DS trinity, and diablo says they aren't allowed to turn ur o2 sensors off in the tunes anymore, but you can go to your local tuner that does DS's and possibly have it done. i had mine shut off, and it only turns off the sensor, NOT the heater, SO, dont pull a "me" and let them hang till u get around to welding in bungs, lol. i couldnt find any bungs to weld in so thats my excuse for letting them hang. in the end, ive been running my DS and the tunes with the o2 turned off and my truck is loud and awesome! and like others are saying removing your cats wont damage anything, just be careful about inspections and emissions. good luck.