View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Still smarter'n a redneck

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1734
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonocativo View Post
What bed did you use and how much modifications to make it fit? I love stepsides and thought of getting an old dodge stepside off craigslist ( looks simular to the 56-57 chevy stepsides )

It started out on a '95 Chevy. I cut the 1/4's off my Dodge bed up to the beginning of the flare above the rear wheels. Trimmed 'em to fit how I wanted 'em to.

Drilled holes in them around the edges every 3 inches (5/16). Put them on the bed and marked out the holes and drilled 'em. Then on the inside of the Dodge 1/4's I migged 3/8 studs over the holes and filled the outer divot and ground it down flush.. Put body sealer (Seam Cement) on the backs and inserted them through the pilot holes I had drilled. Ran the 3/8 nuts and washers down tight reaching through the tail light hole. Fiberized filler and also prepped and filled in the seam that runs from the back of the bed to the front.

Now I gotta kill ya.

Mounting it was a different story.

DISCLAIMER
If you are offended easily don't click on my screen name

Last edited by Warlock III; 11-27-2011 at 04:50 PM.