Old 11-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 SLT 4WD
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
newdude22 is on a distinguished road

Yes I'm biased, but here is my $.02. In 97 I bought a Dakota because of work experiences. I work for a utility and we drive mostly Dodges. We beat them like we stole them day in and day out. The Dodges never complain. The few Ford and Chevy trucks at the shop seemed to always stay at the shop for one problem or another. My current work truck has 140K miles on it of fleet use. It's still going strong except for the wear and tear stuff that happens to any vehicle. Anyway, back to the Dakota. It was a 2wd 2 door and on any given day it was like the little engine that could and I put the commercials to shame with what I pulled off. I towed a 2000lb boat with a tandem axle trailer with the bumper hitch for 4 years. One time I drove it down the boat ramp into the creek to jumpstart a dead battery on the boat. The water was up to the headlights but the exhaust was dry due to the ramp so she didnt stall. I buried it in the mud up to the doors more times than i can count and she never complained. After it was older and had some dings and dents I really pushed it because getting some scratches no longer mattered. I traded it in for a 350z in 04 and i still miss it to this day. When the time came for another truck, I was getting a Dodge. Period. I ended up with an 09 Ram new and still love it like the day I brought it home. I have since pushed my grown-up truck just as proportionately far as I pushed the Dakota, and it has performed flawlessly. I used to spend half a day setting up winches every time I chopped down one of my 80 ft tall oak trees. Now I just hook up a 3 inch rope to the truck, cut the tree a bit and pull it down. It is a beast. I had 1500 lbs of sand bags in the bed and did fine. I had 1.5 cu yards of crushed concrete loaded up and got 18 mpg on the way home from the cement place. When the time comes to retire it, nobody will be talking me into a different brand. People have all kind of different opinions and tastes and it makes the world a better place, but as far as reliability goes, The Dodge is hands down the most truck for the money and it won't quit. (unless of course, if you get a lemon which statistically happens to all brands).