View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:630
moparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by objurate View Post
I am not brand loyal-so I have no doubt some of you will be insulted...I don't care

I have owned several Rams and even more Fords---
on one of my trips to the dealer (free oil change I got with a new vehicle purchase)--well I was about 100 miles into that oil change, towing about 4000# of trailer and load traveling about 75 mph---I hear this clunk under the truck and hadn't seen anything in the road---I look in the mirror and see something white tumbling down and off the road....It takes me about 3 seconds to click in my head (oil filter) I look down and sure enough non oil pressure and a big red light glowing at me....by the time I shut off the truck and coasted over to the side of the road, it surely had been running oiless for atleast 5 seconds with a substantial load. I walk all the way back there, find the filter and the o-ring...brush off as much sand as I can-crawl under and put it on the truck (Off ramp about 1/2 mile up the road with a gas station) I decide what more damage could I do-worst case scenario it blows up and I take the filter back off and blame the ford tech............I get to the station, no oil pressure the whole way, add 4 quarts of oil, start the truck and it seems to run fine-I ran that truck for another 80,000 miles beforing buying another and never had an issue.
That I would call built ford tough.

Of course I wouldn't go out and test this on purpose- because you know no oil has to have some good affect on engine life, but just saying this one still ran great and had no issues for over 80,000 miles after that.

So the die hards can bash on Ford all they want---I could pick out more problems with the dodges that I have owned than the fords that I have owned, just saying.......there is 2 sides to every coin
that is not a built ford tough though, that's luck that u didn't blow anything. not being hostile or anything, i just dont think a vehicle can be gauged on how long it can run without oil pressure.

Proudly Sponsored by Bully's Performance