View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 11:30 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3236
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I'd talk to the dealership in Brooks about that before you take the plunge then. You may only be able to have it serviced in Brooks, I know that places like Derrick Dodge, which is the largest modifier of Ram trucks in Alberta, won't even touch the DPF on the 6.7L. I wouldn't be surprised if the dealership in Brooks does this, but it's entierly on their own as it's not condoned by Chrysler corp and they can get in big trouble if one of these trucks end up at another dealership for warranty service.

I am very skeptical about what their warranty covers since you have to run a turbo-back system, block off the EGR and them reprogram the ECM, which can be done with the StarScan, but it's easier to use a MiniMAXX as you could make changes on your own. Any major changes to the ECM will void your drivetrain warranty, which is why you have to be careful because you can easily start tearing up tranmissions with just a tuner install due to the major increase in torque.

If you have an '08 how much warranty is left on it anyway? I entierly condone the deleting of the DPF and EGR, as well as SEVERAL other mods and you'd be amazed at the power you can squeeze out of the 6.7L compared to the 5.9L.

Last edited by CdnoilRAM; 12-01-2011 at 11:33 PM.