Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
2011SThemi is on a distinguished road
Default Question about gears, LSD and traction control

So as some of you know winter has officially hit us in Canada. I have discovered that I really don't enjoy driving my truck in the winter time. I have never has this problem before. The truck has to be switched into 4 wheel drive to get over a small snow bank when leaving my house. My previous truck never has a problem with this. It was equiped with 4.10 gears and a LSD with no traction control. My question is would I benefit more with putting one or the other in mine? or is it worth my money to do them both at the same time as they'll have the rear end ripped apart? The traction control is great when your moving but robs the power to spin the tires when needed on packed and unpacked snow to take off or correct the back end. I turn it off frequently however even with it off I get the traction light flashing on my dash and feels as if my power is reduced, I don't know if this is in my head or if it actually is reducing the power even with my traction control off. Any insite from someone with the same experience would be appreciated. Also I have 3.56 gears and about 160lbs of weight in the back end currently.
Sponsored links