Vehicle: 2011 Crew Cab 1500 Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
blackpearldodge is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfllover911 View Post
Tightened them and its still making noise. I don't think it's the bottom of the seat I think its the back part of the seat. When I put pressure on the back seat say with my back pushing on the seat that is when it will make noise. I am going to call my service department tomorrow morning.

My Sport had a similar problem earlier this year. Took it to the dealership for repair. They had to loosen and then re-torque the bolts that hold down the seat..while somebody was sitting in the seat. Never had another squeak since. The noise was very very irritating. I would also get the noise when I pushed on the back of the seat (wiggle left to right).

It was a simple case of loosening and then re-torquing the seat bolts!

Oh... the dealership told me the cause of the squeak was due to a piece of plastic wrapping (wrap that is on gum containers) was wedged between the seat bracket and floor. Huh!? He showed me the plastic, but I didn't believe it then and I don't believe it now. BTW he did not write that on the work order. Just that the tech re-torqued the bolts. LOL