View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 01:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute
Default It happened again

It happens every time

When i misplace, lend, or lose something that i use fairly often, like a 3/8" inch pound torque wrench, or a set of loppers for trimming small limbs, etc.

I look around semi thoroughly for it, then give up & go buy a replacement & soon after i am cleaning the garage & there it is, i cuss myself & say OH WELL

Well it happened again, i misplaced my spare FOB for my RAM, i knew that i didn't lose it & i for sure didn't lend it to anyone.
After 2 weeks of looking in the Ram, garage, & apartment, i gave up & bought a replacement FOB.
I went to the Dodge dealership Parts Dept, i asked my Parts guy, there are 2 of them, both know me quite well, what kind of a deal he could give me on a NEW FOB, i told him that i wanted to know what they went for & that i would likely buy 1 off eBay. I told him that i knew that i had it some where & we joked about it.
The dealership gets a whopping $130 for the FOB & another $20 for the Valet key, no charge to get it programmed.
I knew that i could beat that price on eBay for a NEW FOB, he told me that was taking a hell of a chance, & asked me to wait a bit & he would see what he could do.
He then handed me a piece of paper with my VIN#, 2nd line had my ignition code, 3rd line had my Rams PASSWORD, i had no idea what the paper was for. He said that he would call me the next day, never said anything else.
I told him that i would be out of town doing a job. He did call me twice & left a message, saying to call him.
I went to see him the following day, he handed me a envelope & asked for my credit card ???? I always use it at the dealership.
He charged me a total of $58 & opened the package, in it was a brand new FOB, he told me to get a Service Adviser to program it at no charge.

I can tell you all this, those donuts (2 dozen) that i take to the Service Dept. when i get the oil changed, is well worth the price & then some.
I must have been charged Employee price

Thank You Carl Burger Dodge & especially the Parts Dept.
Tomorrow i don't need to have service done, but you will all have donuts
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Sponsored links