Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Grey
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
Thaeric is on a distinguished road

@ Starquestbd22,
Yeah I realized after we pulled the dash apart that we weren't dealing with a vacuum system. For whatever reason I can't edit the OP though, so that is stuck in there.

I've done more reading on it all and it definitely sounds like the blender door failed. I just can't figure out how it failed while the limit pins are still intact. Just doesn't make any sense.

I've watched the video where he's messing with the blend door, and he does remove the metal bar, but does it between cuts of the camera so you don't get to see how he did it. It does however show him putting it back together, and it's simply a notch cut in the end of the bar to give it a groove to snap into place.
I guess it's just a matter of getting enough pressure on it to pop it out.

My friend suggested putting a small hole in the side of the box where the door is to be able to see if the door is moving. If it is getting stuck in the down position we may be able to lift and prop it up with a small rod or something for the time being until I can get a hold of the heatertreater kit and give that a shot. Some heat at this point is better than none.

Thank you to GTyankee and Starquestbd22. I'll let you guys know what happens.