Old 12-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: Power Wagon
Color: Fire Engine Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Chromedragon is on a distinguished road

I am now on the fence. While i know that the 5.7 eats more i have had 2 dodge trucks and the engines have been 4.7l and i have not had an issue but i now have an 08 4.7l flex in and of it self not a bad thing but couple that with living in Calif. I have been researching here and with local shops i at this time have NO CAI options that are carb legal so i cant pass emissions with out having to repeatedly take the stock gear off and on. I enjoy wrenching as much as the next guy but some parts i just want to keep on my car and not have to take them on and off for inspection purposes. The hardest part is it appears that the 08 4.7 is the orphan here none of the 5.7s that i have seen in the 20xx realm have any of these limitations and the 2002 -2007 all seem to have something that is certified for Cali as well the 2009-2012 i think. To that end i'm contemplating trading in my 08 and getting a slightly newer model with a 5.7 since changing out the motor would be more annoying than its worth.

am open to suggestions or if any one knows a CAI that works and is Carb certified cause i'm not finding one.

ok sorry rant off.