Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram SRT10 RC 6spd
Trim Level: SRT10 RC
Color: Brilliant black
Engine: 2004-2006 505ci (8.3L) Viper V10 510hp 535lb/ft
Rep:145
05ram will become famous soon enough05ram will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOG View Post
Most of the data I've seen leads me to believe that almost all CAI's flow about the same CFM.

Remember, your intake manifold and intake piping will only hold so much air and the engine only uses so much air during a combustion cycle so higher flow probably isn't the key data point.

However, clean air flowing through a smooth pipe with few transitions, hard curves or right angles will improve throttle response (which is the improvement most folks feel) is key.

One last thing to consider is that most CAI's draw air from inside the engine compartment. That's heated air. Using a system that draws air from a stock cold air inlet or utilizing some other method, is preferable ("cold" air intake - get it???) but not absolutely necessary.

The combination of volume, smooth transitions and inlet air temp are the three basic areas to consider when picking a CAI.
Thats why I got my BFI, smooth transitions, Huge volume(6" inlet opening) and when combined with an Airram JetStream scoop it gets plenty of fresh cool air. Good luck with your choice.
2004 SRT10 RC in black, with 500+HP, B&G Stage2 PCM, K&N drop in, JMB Catless mids, JTSVP Gen1 shifter, all synthetic fluids, lots of underhood billet with a Snakeskin radiator cover from JTSHydro, LED tails, BedRug, colormatched tonneau!!!!!!!!