Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
TNC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
I haven't, but my EVIC has the trans temp digital gauge, that's good enough for me. Some higher end models have the oil temp digital gauge as well. The dash coolant gauge IMO is good enough for me as well. I do agree and think trans temp is a must for a truck.
That sounds promising. I think if the EVIC has a readout for it, I'd bet the OBDII port will provide it for a ScanGuage. It would still be great to hear if anyone is using one with trans temp available on our later Rams.

I would normally have thought that most dash coolant temp guages would be sufficient, but when I got the MSD Dashawk I got a surprise. At the optimum operating temp on the two Chevy's coolant dash guages that I have on late model Chevys, a tiny incremental change in the dash guage can actually be about 20 degrees on the digital readout on my Dashawk. My dash guages don't give much warning of building heat, and I'm not too fond of that. You're almost overheating before my current dash guages really give much indication. I really like these real-time digital systems like the Dashawk, ScanGuage, etc. They really let you know what's going on with your vehicle, and you can configure them in some optional ways to suit your needs. Plus, it's great having a professional scantool operating all the time for diagnostics and clearing codes. But then, I've always been an anal geek about things like that...LOL!