Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
hemiglock23 is on a distinguished road
Default Wierd Ticking

I've been sitting in the weeds since signing up on the forum a couple of months back..... So a reintroduction may be in order. My truck is an 09 1500 4x4 with the 5.7. I kinda hate this site 'cause you all make me jealous with all the cool stuff you have been doing or in the middle of doing to your trucks. I can't seem to find the extra funds to play along and get what I want......

Here recently, my truck has started making a strange noise. I would describe it as a tick/rattle. The strange part is that it won't do it consistently enough to really shade tree diagnos it.... No noise in the morning when the truck and ambient temp is cold. But, at lunch or when leaving from work still cold, both the truck and temp, it will make this noise and won't go away.

My first thougt was possibly piston "slap" or the rockers drying out while sitting. But I would think if either of these where the case, it would remedy itself fairly quickly as oil was reintroduced. My second theory would be that I have some sort of exhaust leak. I know that there was a TSB for the flange bolts to be replaced and I don't know if this truck has had that service done to it. Nor have I had the time or space to thoroughly check the flanges.

So...... what say ye??????????
Sponsored links