Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Ram 1500 Hemi
Trim Level: Jus The TRX
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:41
HoltFF1074 is on a distinguished road
Default some options maybe

Sharing my Xperience with model cars(plastic),use bleach.A large container with bleach and let the part(s) sit for a while.Chrome disapears.Let dry,paint. Bumpers or any metal chrome,Sandblast.If you have a compressor and can afford one of the cheap Bottle Type portable blasters like mine(HF Tools),then u can do yours and others for a small fee.Otherwise look for some service blasting to be done at a local shop.Careful of media choice and heat that can be created from concentrating on one area too long.Another choice,if you live within a distance of short travel to a galvanizing plant or chroming plant,they can easily remove chrome for a small fee.Best if they sre preparing to change their tank chemicals as this is when they are more adaptable to do this.They don't like to do this on a fresh batch of acids.Hope this helps.Matter of fact,it could be feasible if more than one bumper/bumpers were done as they generally will charge by the fact they must rack and dip all at one time,therefor the more on the rack,the happier most are.But i can only share this as i once worked with a friend who owns/runs such a plant.Hope this gives ideas for any future Modders out there.