View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I actually shot 43 rounds through it tonight! I love it!

First shots:

Last shots:

I wasn't very happy with my groupings lol but honestly it's me not the gun. First time I shot it and getting used to it and how it operates. I also only have the standard 8 round magazine, and my hand is a bit too big for it so I need to get the longer 10 round magazines for it as they extend the handle a bit. I also had to wait in line to shoot and then was rushing so I shot fast and could definitely have tried a little more lol, I was just excited to shoot "my own gun"!

For reference, here's a nice (in my eyes) grouping with my friend's .22 browning arms pistol, we were "competing" with each other and ironically ended up with exactly the same score:

Man it is easy to shoot a .22 lol!

I had one issue with the Hi Point, and it was me not the gun: After shooting the first magazine full of rounds I ejected the magazine, and then could not get the slide to release from the hold open position. I finally realized I just simply wasn't pulling the slide all the way back to let it release. It is more difficult to pull all the way back than my dad's glock so I just wasn't used to it. No problems at all after that.

I'm very happy with my purchase. The shop also showed me how to take it apart (wish I didn't ask as the guy was clumsy and wreckless). But it was OK, and I actually had to put it together as he couldn't do it. Anyway, it's not that bad at all to take apart, just need a punch and hammer, but IMO it's really easy. I can understand why people complain though, as there are guns out there that don't require any tools...

I must say, this gun is WELL worth the money. Obviously, it is apparent that it is not quite as good as my dad's glock, or others, but it seems to be reliable, it shoots, it is accurate, and has the warranty to boot.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.