View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:15
v8440 is on a distinguished road

Bikes are (on average) so superior in power/weight ratio that some bike riders think a bike can't be beat in a drag race by a car. It is those guys that sometimes get pimp slapped by reality, and it's fun to watch. A buddy of mine delivered a heaping helping of reality with his '80 malibu to the rider of some type of crotch rocket a few years ago. The guy actually stated that "a bike can't be beat".

Steve then proceeded to show that not only can a bike be beaten by a car, but it was going to happen right then. The really funny part is, Steve got a little out of the groove, with one tire off the road in the dirt, got it back on again, sprayed it, and THEN rolled on by homeboy. We never saw the expression on the bike rider's face as he just kept on riding. We never saw him again. That was in about 2007, and as far as I know he's still riding.

DO NOT EVER make the mistake of thinking a bike can't be beaten by a car in a drag race. I don't care if it's a Hayabusa, somebody has a car that will hand the bike it's ass. It's not that hard to do. Get a car that can generate some 60 foot times in the 1.5 second or quicker range and you're likely to do it. Most rear drive domestics are capable of 1.5's or better with stock style suspensions and slicks. Some will do it with drag radials.