View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
when you lower the rear of a 4wd is there anything else you need to do.....like align driveline? Is it easier on truck parts then say a front level kit. obviously there is no need to align wheels. I am looking at this kit pretty seriously just not sure if there is anything else I need to watch out for. Is it hard on 4wd system? Ive search the forum but cant come up with much info.
Lowering the rear is much better/easier on the suspension than lifting the front. Lowering the rear 2" really has no adverse effects. Granted the axle will be offset a hair due to having a panhard bar, but you're talking less than a half inch, and probably even smaller, so it's really not a big deal at all.

Also, if you cut coils I would really underestimate when you cut, as you can always cut more, but can't do anything if you cut too much. If you only need 0.5" to 1" I wouldn't cut half coils at a time I'd do more like 1/4 coils at a time.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.